How Can You Maintain Your Pearly White Teeth?
It is not uncommon for people to ask how to maintain their pearly white teeth after a teeth whitening session. Of course you wouldn't want your teeth reverting back to its darker color as soon as you got it done. Don't worry. Aside from giving you tips how to whiten your teeth, here are some things you need to refrain or avoid that causes teeth stains
Food - It is well known that some food will stain your teeth. Here are some you want to avoid.
- Fruits like blueberries, blackberries, cherries, pomegranates, and other vibrant fruits can stain teeth.
- Sauces also stain your teeth. Dark pigmented sauces like soy, BBQ and even tomato and curry leaves a great amount stain. Make sure to go with light sauces and afterwards brush and rinse when you are finished eating.
- Candies and gums can also stain your teeth. You may find some that already stains your tongue. Make sure to avoid them or if not, just make sure you don't eat too much.
(Quick tip: If you see any for or drink of some sort that are having dark color/pigments, it is a clear indication to stay away from it.)
Drinks - here are some that you should avoid.
- If you are a fan of coffee and tea, you may want to think twice because they are the number one drinks that causes teeth stains.
- Wines are not too far. You may have even tried spilling it on your self and found it very hard to remove.
- Soda and sports drinks often have dyes and acid that weakens teeth enamel and allows discoloration of teeth. It is just another reason to cut back on these drinks to make you healthy not just your teeth.
(Another quick tip: When drinking beverages, use a straw to avoid contact on your teeth. You can also swallow your drink faster to avoid it sitting long on your mouth.)
Another cause of teeth discoloration is smoking. It is in fact the leading cause of tooth decay and you guessed it, tooth discoloration. If you cant cut this one off, make sure to brush and rinse as soon as you can to remove the buildup on your teeth.
Now that you know what to avoid, here are the things you should be doing to maintain a white teeth.
- Brushing and flossing at least twice a day. This helps you remove initial stains on you teeth from the food and drinks you eat.
- Start losing you tobacco. It is not only to avoid teeth stains but also to avoid potential problems in the future.
- Use a peroxide based toothpaste.
- Use a straw when drinking dark pigmented and acidic drinks.
- Rinse your mouth as soon as possible after eating.
- Use a home teeth whitening kit.
Teeth whitening is not permanent. However, you can slow down the process of going in-office or salons to whiten your teeth. Using a home teeth whitening kit maximizes your time in between teeth whitening sessions. It is not only effective but is way... way cheaper than in-office whitening.
Now that you know all these things, make sure to share it to your friends and families so they too can maintain their pearly white teeth.
Interested of getting the products to avoid teeth stains?